UNIC P-107 with 2cm Flak 38
Manufacture of the UNIC P-107 half-track light artillery tractor began in November 1938 and over 3000 had been produced up to the fall of France. A large proportion of these ended up in Wehrmacht service, where they were collectively known as Leichter Zugkraftwagen U 304(f)
Some were used in their original configuration, whilst others were modified by their new owners to make them more suited to their required role. One such modification was the mounting of the 2cm Flak 38 in an open-topped armoured box at the reat of the vehicle. Armour protection was also provided for the driver and for the front of the engine compartment.
Seventy two P-107s mounting the 2cm Flak were produced for the “Schnellen Brigade West” and organised into batteries of four. Crew 6. They took part in the battles for Normandy and beyond.